Lytham Club Day
We are thrilled to have won First Prize at Lytham Club Day 2018. It was a fantastic day for all involved! A big thank you to everyone who took part and supported us on the day and supported us on the day and in the run up to the event!
Dress Up Days
We will be holding dress up days in order to raise prizes for our Summer Festival the dates are as follows…
Friday 6th July- Wear your summer colours – and bring a tombola prize
Thursday 12th July- Bring your teddy and come for a Teddy Bear’s Picnic – and bring a raffle prize.
Summer Fair & Pre-School Graduation
Our Summer Fair will be held this year on Saturday 14th July from 12 till 4pm. Clifton Lodge Pre-school will graduate at 1pm, please ensure your child is at The Pavilion no later than 12.30pm so that they can be capped and gowned. We will have lots of fantastic stalls, food and fun for all the family.
Summer Term Parents Evening
This term parent’s evening will take place on Thursday 26th July. Please see Natalie, Ailsa or Helen in the office to book an appointment to meet with your child’s key worker.
Staff Outdoor Area
Our staff at Clifton Lodge work extremely hard and we thought they deserve a treat! We have recently enhanced our staff outdoor area with new décor and seating for the staff to enjoy on their breaks. Thank you all for your continuous effort and dedication, it is truly appreciated.
Lancashire County Council have issued new advice regarding Sun Safety:
Stay Safe in the Sun
We all love a sunny day, but it’s important to protect yourself and those in your care and be mindful of how long you’ve been outside.
Cancer Research UK (CRUK) and Public Health England (PHE) are campaigning to raise awareness of skin cancer due to a high level of exposure to the sun by advising and supporting people in how to reduce their cancer risk.
You can protect your family, friends and those you care for from the dangers of sun exposure in the following ways:
- Too much ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun or sunbeds is the main cause of skin cancer and even in the UK, the sun can be strong enough to cause damage to your skin.
- Sunburn can easily catch you out, especially if you have fair skin, lots of moles/freckles, red/fair hair or light-coloured eyes. So it’s important we are protected when the sun is strong. Sun safety tips: Spend time in the shade when the sun is strongest. In the UK, this is between 11am and 3pm from March to October.
Make sure that you:
- never burn;
- wear a hat, t-shirt and sunglasses to cover up for protection;
- take extra care with children;
- use umbrellas, trees or canopies or just head indoors;
- use sunscreen with at least SPF15, put plenty on and remember to re-apply. Try the shadow rule: UV rays from the sun are strongest when your shadow is shorter than you, so that’s when you’re more likely to burn.
Dates For Your Diary
|July 14th||Summer fair & Graduation at AKS 12:00 – 16:00|
|July 26th||Parents Evening|
|August 27th||Bank holiday – Nursery closed|